Quick Links Icon

Latest News Icon

Help Needed Icon Meetings, Agendas, Minutes Icon










Julians Bower
The parish of Alkborough and Walcot lies in the north-west corner of old Lincolnshire, now the modern county of North Lincolnshire, and consists of two settlements dating back to Saxon times - the village of Alkborough and the hamlet of Walcot. The spelling of Alkborough in the Doomsday Book was Alchebarge. It may surprise some people to know that part of the Alkborough parish boundary is in the middle of the rivers Humber and Trent. Alkborough and Walcot are designated a conservation area and sit geographically on an escarpment formed of Triassic Mudstone known as The Cliff. The escarpment itself is designated a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation and offers commanding views over beautiful countryside.

It is against this depth of history that the strong sense of community within the parish has evolved. Alkborough and Walcot are safe and secure communities providing an essential foundation on which we can realise an enhanced quality of life for our children, young people, adults and elderly residents. It is the willingness of local people to take responsibility for safeguarding our future and positive attitudes that help sustain this enviable way of life. The parish contains many important amenities – the primary school, St John the Baptist Church (with Saxon tower and Norman font), Methodist Chapel dated 1840, a Children’s Play Area, Cricket Club, Coronation Club, Tea Room and the Alkborough Flats Nature Reserve.

War Memorial Remembrance DayKEY DATA

Population: 458 *
Households: 192*
Ward: Burton Upon Stather & Winterton
Local Authority: North Lincolnshire Council
Area: 2,875 acres (12km2) approx

*Census 2011